- View recent blog entries
- Member for
- 9 years 43 weeks
- Full Name
- David W.H. Swenson
Just in case someone coming across this is trying to figure out whether they have the right David Swenson, here's a short list of things you might know me from:
- born 1981. Spent my first few years in Warsaw, Indiana.
- From about 1986 until 1999 I lived in Indianapolis, Indiana. Preschool at Meridian Hills Preschool, elementary school at Nora Elementary, middle school at Northview, high school at Brebeuf Jesuit, and took a few classes at IUPUI simultaneously with my senior year in high school.
- From 1999 to 2003 I was an undergraduate at The Colorado College. In that time I also did some research at University of Oregon, spent a semester in Avignon, France, and spent a summer doing research at Université Bordeaux I.
- From 2003 to 2005 I was a student at Université Louis Pasteur, in Strasbourg, France. I spent summers in Indianapolis (where my parents live) doing research. During the 2003-2004 academic year, I was an English Teaching Assistant at Lycée Le Corbusier, in Illkirch, France.
- From 2005-2011, I was doing my PhD in theoretical chemistry at University of California, Berkeley.
- During the fall of 2008, I did an internship at D. E. Shaw Research, LLC, in New York.
- From August-December 2011, I was a post-doc at Tel Aviv University.
- Since January 2012, I am a post-doc in the Computational Chemistry Group of the van 't Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences at the Universiteit van Amsterdam.
- During the fall of 2015, I was a visiting post-doc at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, in New York.
If none of that fits the David Swenson you know, then it's probably not me.
If you're interested in my CV, it can be found here (PDF).
I can be contacted at: d w h s [@at@] h y p e r b l a z e r [.dot.] n e t